[oe] New OE user question

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:19:47 UTC 2008

> The "User Manual" is maintained in the monotone repo, and can be
> checked out and edited.
>
> http://amethyst.openembedded.net/oe/viewmtn/viewmtn.py/branch/changes/org.o
>penembedded.documentation
>
> Patches welcome.

I'm not sure how your patch system works. I could checkout the documentation
branch and edit it but should I do a diff and submit it? Or would it be best
to edit the wiki?

> The rest of the documentation is in a Drupal wiki, and can be edited.
> You may need a user account.
>
> >  I got the tools built and running bitbake 1.8.10 and pulled
> >  org.openembedded.dev branch. I tried to build both nano and helloworld
> > and couldn't get pass the following error. I have chosen the
> > generic-uclibc DISTRO for starters.
>
> Try the angstrom distro first, as I don't think generic is currently
> maintained.  Sigh -- the OeFaq page has been spammed :-(

Would it be better to stick to one distro for the documentation? I think that
would be best. Having said that, would Angstrom be the best place to start?
I was looking for a simple distro to start with and I thought Angstrom might
be a bit bulky. I'll use which ever the suggested one it.