[oe] New OE user question

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Mon Mar 31 16:34:26 UTC 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 11:12:03 am Koen Kooi wrote:
> Leon Woestenberg schreef:
> | On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:07 PM, E Robertson

> | Can someone suggest a saner distribution for this Samsung chip?
>
> angstrom maybe?
>
> It's an atmel chip, and atmel itself recommends angstrom:
> http://www.linux4sam.org/twiki/bin/view/Linux4SAM/OpenEmbeddedAngstrom

That page looks pretty neutral on Angstrom to me.  Maybe it's been updated
since you read it last?

Atmel does seems to like to use buildroot internally, but I've never seen them
recommend against OE / Angstrom.  Interesting side note, it seems they
recently had to rollback some of their AVR32 gcc patches in the buildroot
mainline because they were breaking stuff there.

---
Geoffrey