[oe] [RFC] Use 5 or 10 seconds global time-out on wget fetch command (--timeout 5)

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Thu May 1 01:06:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

I would like to propose a global 5 or maybe 10 seconds time-out being
added to the wget command in conf/bitbake.conf.
There are already 5 retries configured, so it should still be robust.

It avoids those minute long stalls when a URI is simply not responding.

In my last 10 completely fresh (no downloads/) builds in the last
month, these long time-outs happened on me 9 out of 10 times at some
package.

Objections?

Regards,
--