[oe] Summary of an unwanted merge and what I did

Justin Patrin papercrane at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:26:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2008 15:43:32 Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>  > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>
>  wrote:
>  > >  Then there is the school of thought that we should just make everyone
>  > > unhappy and use Visual Source Safe or ClearCase.
>  >
>  > And then, the vice versa approach:
>  >
>  > Did we reach agreement that the move to GIT or Hg will make us happy,
>  > regardless of which one?
>
>  At the risk of being flamed, I will step forward and say:
>
>  Yes. I'm seeing an overwhelming majority supporting a move to git or hg, with
>  a strong tend towards git. At the moment, we are working on test
>  installations to see how that would fit into our workflow.
>
>  The days of us solely using monotone are counted. As opposed to last time
>  though, this time we do and will not rush it.

At the risk of being flamed myself I'll ask what many aeem to assume
to be obvious: What does git or hg give OE over monotone? Admittedly
the annoyance of the OP is genuine but that a new feature doesn't
quite work as expected doesn't seem like a reason to switch to me.

--
Justin Patrin