[oe] bp flag added to bug tracker (org.openembedded.stable)

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Tue May 6 14:51:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

it appears that org.openembedded.stable is not in addition to but a
replacement for org.oe.angstrom-2007.12-stable.  It also seems that the
policy so far of "two A* devs ACK any commit" has been thus replaced by
"two OE devs ACK any commit".  Correct so far?

I believe the BTS should help us out with flagging, granting and
documenting backport requests.  Which is why I have just added the bp
flag which can be applied to attachments in our BTS.  Anybody can
request the bp flag (which should trigger an email to oe-devel), but
only members of the OE group can grant it.  I am yet somewhat unfamiliar
with flags, but I guess we'll learn as we go.  My understanding is that
a grant can be given more than once.

IOW, very elegant solution that is tightly integrated with current
processes.

Regards

Rolf

PS: OE devs who are not yet a member of the OE group should please ping
mickey