[oe] bp flag added to bug tracker (org.openembedded.stable)

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 7 15:53:29 UTC 2008

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Koen Kooi wrote:

>> If you think you have patches that should get applied to the
>> stablebranch, please post them for review on the stablebranch
>> mailinglist.
>
> Would it be OK if I directed you to http://tinyurl.com/63674m instead?
> Maybe you can save this search in your bugzilla account?  These are
> patches tagged with the bp keyword request.

Navigating bugzilla is sadly on the wrong side of my motivation (read:
available time) threshold. Why? Because I spend a lot of time offline
(no access to bugzilla) and I do have a local copy of the stablebranch
mail folder. I'm sure I can configure bugzilla to mail me and all that,
but I honestly have no time or inclination to look into that right now.

> The Stable branch devs can
> then ACK or NACK the patch right in the bug tracker.  Second person to
> ACK makes the commit to .stable.  Isn't this the kind of review process
> we are looking for?  Maybe you can over time move the complete review
> process away from the mailing list and into bugzilla.  That would be my
> suggestion.

Moving to bugzilla would be a good thing, but the policy right now works
for the stable branch maintainers quite well and fits with out
"lifestyle" (read: available time).

It's nothing against you or bugzilla, just people being (too) busy.

regards,

Koen