[oe] Creating a pristine environment?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sat May 10 12:05:38 UTC 2008

On Thursday 08 May 2008 13:29:30 Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 13:06 +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:

> > > While this is a good idea, your current implementation breaks:
> > >
> > > MACHINE=foo ANGSTROM_MODE=bar bitbake foo-bar-image
> >
> > Well, that would make a case for keeping the unexport feature in OE. Or
> > we could move the unsetting to after having parsed the configuration. I
> > will give the 2nd idea a go...
>
> I agree we should do something, I'm just not sure what. Personally I do
> set things in the environment quite heavily and I'd prefer not to lose
> that capability. Perhaps we clean by default but allow a user to
> override and claim their starting environment is clean at their own
> risk?

Okay. I added an option, I clean the environment after having parsed the
configuration. This means everything used from conf/local.conf (TOPDIR,
BBPATH, BBFILES, MACHINE...) will be inside the configuration data of bitbake
but not be exported. I also updated the documentation (man page and
usermanual).

comments?

	z.