[oe] bp flag added to bug tracker (org.openembedded.stable)

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sat May 10 12:45:00 UTC 2008

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
>>> Done ;-)
>>>
>>> For now, I added both oe-stablebranch and you to the list to cc whenever
>>> the bp flag is requested.
>> It doesn't look like the mails make it to the list.  Can you please
>> white-list bugzilla-daemon at amethyst.openembedded.net?
>>
>> Koen, do you receive the notification mails?  We have quite a list of
>> backport request by now.  Most of them easily applicable.
>>
>> http://bugs.openembedded.net/request.cgi?action=queue&requester=&product=&type=all&requestee=&component=&group=type
>
> Are "the stable guys" gonna let them rot in the BTS despite the efforts
>  I made to accomodate the requests you made?

Quoting myself upthread:

'Ideally angstrom developers review a patch and post a "ready to commit"
one for review on the stable branch mailinglist.
If you don't use angstrom, or even no distro at all, you post your
(hopefully "ready to commit") patch to the stablebranch mailinglist.
The main point is that your patch applies cleanly and has been tested
before you post it (unless it's an RFC).'

> If you are continuing to
> ignore the patches (some of which I prepared just so you would not have
> to inspect the changes between .stable and .dev yourselves), I might as
> well close them all out as wontfix with a comment that .stable is
> unsupported and the people "supporting" it don't care unless you jump
> through whatever hoops-of-the-day they present you with.
>
> So much for "same day review".

Again quoting myself from upthread:

"If you think you have patches that should get applied to the
stablebranch, please post them for review on the stablebranch
mailinglist. I can't speak for other developers, but I aim for a "same
day review" timeframe."

I have seen *one* patch being posted to the mailinglist with the
[Review] flag, that was reviewed within 24 hours and committed soon
thereafter. So the system works as defined.
So far the stable branch people have a defined system that has been
extensively, publically RFC'ed and agreed upon that delivers on its
promises.

Links to patches aren't patches. Bugzilla spam that might link to
patches aren't patches. Talk about mails that haven't appeared isn't
patches.

> Last warning to take at least a little care about your .stable bugs and
> patches in the tracker or have them all auto-closed.

Whatever, do as you like.