[oe] bp flag added to bug tracker (org.openembedded.stable)

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sun May 11 19:31:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Florian Boor
<florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de> wrote:

>  > I would guess that most users of .stable are more focused on their
>  > product work than keeping up with listservs.
>
>  I suppose this is the key problem with .stable. Its quite likely that people
>  will take it, modify it to fit their needs and do not send patches because it
>  takes too much of their precious time.

I think the model that works is as follows:

- there are some dev's using (1) and maintaining (2) a stable branch.
A subset of the people reporting the bugs should be able to fix them.
- there are additional users doing the same.

Note that there is a chicken and egg (or catch22) situation, as I
based my work of .dev currently, not having any other choices.

Regards,

Leon.

--
Leon