[oe] Who is the wrt54oe maintainer?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Mon May 19 08:26:10 UTC 2008

Dnia niedziela, 18 maja 2008, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer napisał:
> On Thursday 15 May 2008 00:05:25 Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> > who is the wrt54oe distro maintainer?
>
> Unfortunately, there's no one. I always had the hope we could get one
> of the openwrt-fork-maintainers on board. Marcin and me once did some
> work towards having this popular device in OE, but we both could not
> find enough time to keep it up.

wrt54 + wrt54oe was working combo to build packages for OpenWRT
installation. Today we also have distro config to build such ones with
OpenWRT provided toolchain.

> > It needs love in conf/distro/wrt54oe.conf, as it  isn't up to date
> > with our external toolchain opt-in, binutils-cross is not locked
> > down, and the c library was not chosen, nor its version.
>
> Indeed. Could I talk you into adding the necessary bits?

It should be uclibc 0.9.27 (or newer if binary compatible), binutils 2.18,
gcc 3.4.4.

> If not, feel free to move it to nonworking/conf/machine/.

You mean conf/distro/ dir? I would rather remove it at all if no one is
going to use it.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

           Could you please speak more slowly? I'm a masochist
           and I want to prolong the agony of this conversation.