[oe] [RFC] Re: DISTRO_PR, ipkg dependencies, and meta toolchains...

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Nov 3 04:30:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 08:19:22PM -0600, Mike (mwester) wrote:
> Mike (mwester) wrote:
>
> (Replying to my own email, and what's worse -- I'm top-posting!)
> (And I changed the subject line to add [RFC] to get your attention.)
>
> I found the problem.  Here's a fix:

And this would explain why the problem wasn't seen before,
<sarcasm>
All of you, me and poky use the SDK stuff
</sarcam>

:)

As the area in question came from me, that looks good to me.  That's
where we remove the dep the -dev package has on the main package, if the
main package doesn't exist.

[snip]
> This changes the dependencies written into the "-dev" packages so that
> they include the DISTRO_PR suffix correctly.

Actually, as I think more, why isn't ${DISTRO_PR} part of ${DEBPV} ?
That seems to be the real bug..

> (By-the-way, another solution might be to set DEBPV to include the
> DISTRO_PR, but grep was unable to tell me where that variable is set.)

... as you suggest.

--
Tom Rini