[oe] OXE810 support is coming soon

Sledz, Steffen sledz at DResearch.DE
Mon Nov 3 11:08:40 UTC 2008

I'm planning to make OXE810 machine support available for the community in a few days (i'm waiting for some feedback from Oxford Semiconductors before).

Now my question is, what's the preferred way to do this (i've no git commit access yet)?

The wiki says "Aspiring developers are encouraged to request a personal git tree where they can store and share changes. They can then submit these patches for review on the mailing list and when ready, someone with commit rights can merge or if needed cherry pick the changes into the main development branch."

That sounds OK for me. But i miss a description *how* to do all that (sorry, i'm a CVS, SVN & Co. user/admin for a long time, but i'm not that familiar with the git philosophy). How to create this personal tree? Or means "tree" a "branch" here? How to keep this tree/branch up to date from the dev branch? How to submit the patches to the mailing list? ...?

Steffen

--
Steffen Sledz
DResearch Digital Media Systems GmbH