[oe] [RFC] Re: DISTRO_PR, ipkg dependencies, and meta toolchains...

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Mon Nov 3 14:45:45 UTC 2008

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org> writes:
>
>> On Monday 03 November 2008 03:19:22 Mike (mwester) wrote:
>>> Mike (mwester) wrote:
>>>
>>> (Replying to my own email, and what's worse -- I'm top-posting!)
>>> (And I changed the subject line to add [RFC] to get your attention.)
>>>
>>> I found the problem.  Here's a fix:
>> eek, otavios and richard went over it. could you please comment?
>
> It is fixed in current GIT and works fine for me since then...

I'm not sure what you are saying here -- I'm using the GIT tip, and the
patches I posted are required.  It's really quite easy to see -- just do
"ar x something-dev.ipk", extract the control file, and look at the
dependency -- without the patch I posted, the dependency on package
"something" is written with an explicit version number that does not
exist, because it does not have the DISTRO_PR on it.

Mike (mwester)