[oe] hal-0.5.11 fails with external toolchain/SDK

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Tue Nov 4 00:55:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

New hal-0.5.11 from OpenMoko breaks builds with external-toolchain/SDK, as it
hardcodes linux/input.h like this:

EXTRA_OECONF += "--with-linux-input-header=${STAGING_INCDIR}/linux/input.h"

In case of external-toolchain/SDK, linux-libc-headers are not installed in
staging, but rather supplied by the SDK and referenced with extra "-I" in
TARGET_CPPFLAGS_append, thus there is no ${STAGING_INCDIR}/linux/input.h

The above EXTRA_OECONF is used mainly for hal-right-input-h.patch (see link
below), which piggy-backs HAL's --with-linux-input-header option to use the
correct linux/input.h file in the tools/Makefile.am for proper
hal-setup-keymap-keys.txt, but breaks the build of
hald/linux/probing/probe-input.c, where it tries to include the missing
hardcoded linux/input.h

http://gitweb.openembedded.net/?p=openembedded.git;a=blob;f=packages/hal/files/hal-right-input-h.patch;hb=org.openembedded.dev

Unfortunately, the location of linux/input.h and linux-libc-headers inside the
SDK are not very standardized. I've seen them in several localtions, such as:

${SDK_PREFIX}/${TARGET_SYS}/libc/usr/include
${SDK_PREFIX}/target/usr/include

Any ideas on how to fix hal-0.5.11 with external-toolchain/SDK are welcome.

I've also submitted a ticket to track this issue - #4799

--
Denys