[oe] merging bitbake changes from poky

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:02:58 UTC 2008

I am experimenting with merging some bitbake changes from poky and
they are available:

  Tracked remote branches
    bitbake-1.8 bitbake-1.8-poky-fixes master

Can we consider moving bitbake to git?  It would make activities like
this a little easier.  It would also be easier for users to manage
their own bitbake repositories which has been necessary for me several
times in the past to include fixes.  Note, I am not suggested we merge
bitbake with the OE source, but I don't see any problem with putting
it in a separate repo on git.openembedded.net.

Thanks,
Cliff