[oe] [patch review] bitbake.conf: Introduce STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS_BASEPKG

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sat Nov 8 20:57:24 UTC 2008

On 08-11-2008 21:04, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Stanislav Brabec<utx at penguin.cz>  wrote:
>> It introduces STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS_BASEPKG pointing to
>> STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS of base packages and adds it to PATH (after
>> STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS).
>>
>> It fixes highly base package cross bindir lookup while compiling highly
>> optimized packages. Actually it's mplayer and sdl-config lookup.
>>
> I do not understand what exactly you fix.
>
> Could you explain more elaborately?

For pxa270 CPUs mplayer will enable iwmmxt extensions and do
PACKAGE_ARCH = "iwmmxt", while other packages in the same build retain
their default PACKAGE_ARCH (armv5te). So the sdl-config script wouldn't
be in staging/iwmmxt-foo-linux, but in staging/armv5te-foo-linux. Since
STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS is composed using PACKAGE_ARCH we need to point it
'manually' to the armv5te one.

regards,

Koen