[oe] Broken update-mime-database due to recent changes

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Sat Nov 8 21:01:38 UTC 2008

Hello.

Seems not to be a topic much people are interested in. :)

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 21:21, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> The option to fix this how I see it (personal priority ordered):
>
> 1) Put the known working pkg_postinst() back into the 0.20 and 0.22 recipes

I put the postint back into the recipes. Not the inc file as 0.51 does not need
it. Tested and worked fine for me again.

> 2) Make the old versions also work with the build-on-host method

No plan from my side.

> 3) Remove all but 0.51 and teach distros to use the new one.

For this one shared-mime-info-native_0.51.bb is needed. Sadly this one fails for
me on one machine:

| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0

http://134.169.172.106/~sschmidt/log.do_compile.28587.txt

Therefor I did not bump it for OM yet. People like to investigate are welcome.

regards
Stefan Schmidt