[oe] Fixes for OSX (and *BSD) buildhosts

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Nov 13 18:15:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

For the past few days I have been collecting patches to get OE working
on my powerbook and put them in this branch:

http://gitweb.openembedded.net/?p=openembedded.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/koen/darwin-host-fixes

To get started:

* make sure /usr/bin/gcc points to gcc-4.2, apple's 4.0 ignores
__attribute_inline__ and the build will fail on gmp-native with clashing
symbols

* install quilt using macports (or fink, I only tried macports),
ASSUME_PROVIDED += "quilt-native"

* bitbake sed-native, remove ASSUME_PROVIDED += "quilt-native"

With all that I can complete do_configure of gcc-cross-initial, it stops
at do_compile with an error in fix-includes.

If you have more fixes, don't hesitate to commit them to the branch.

regards,

Koen