[oe] e-wm broken after yesterdays upgrade

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sun Nov 16 15:22:07 UTC 2008

On 16-11-08 15:59, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Sorry for the delay. Having a cold I decided to have a releaxed weekend. Will
> take a deeper look next days if the stuff below does not help.
>
> On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 22:32, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> I just built and installed the updated e-wm and it refuses to start:
>
> Installed means from the updated angstrom feed I guess?

Yes, I did 'bitbake e-wm', synced the new packages to the feeds and did
'opkg update ; opkg upgrade' on the device (an omap3evm board).
On the omap3evm board I'd like to test illume to see if it is fit to
replace mb-wm in angstrom pda images, on the beagleboard I'd like to run
a 'regular' e-wm. The omap3evm was running the 'regular' e-wm at the
time of the upgrade.

> As a sidenote. This was not rushed in without testing or review. I spent some
> good hours on reviewing it together with mickey, in his role as E maintainer in
> OE. We also decided to keep some more patches out until there is more time for
> review.
>
> And I of course tested it before pushing. Building and actually using it. No
> breakage here. But as I only tested with a complete new image and not with
> updating from a feed I may have messed up here. Should not happen though :(

It seems that almost no OE developer is tracking upgrade paths for such
intrusive changes, which is a pity. You'd be suprised how much bugs
there are when you try to build an image from the feeds[1] instead of
from a pristine deploy/. Anyway, mistakes happen :)

> If eina is installed in a matching version I would need the following to track
> this down as I don't have the problem here:

libeina0 - 2:0.0.1+svnr37324-r0.1 -

> - Full x.log

http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/OE/e17/e-log.txt

It has scary messages about missing vars, but it *does* find the evas
engines. However:

root at omap3evm:~# cat /usr/bin/enlightenment_start.oe
#!/bin/sh

E_PROFILE=""
if [ -r /etc/enlightenment/default_profile ]; then
   . /etc/enlightenment/default_profile
fi

renice -10 -p $$
exec enlightenment_start $E_PROFILE

root at omap3evm:~# ls /etc/enlightenment/
sysactions.conf
root at omap3evm:~#

Do I need an extra package to get the default_profile?

http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/OE/e17/e-strace.txt

> - Full list of installed packages

http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/OE/e17/e-installed-packages.txt

Thanks for looking into this, let me know if you need more info.

regards,

Koen

[1] modulo bugs due to not running image_post_process commands