[oe] libgcrypt tries to link with host libc

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon Nov 17 06:12:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:18:49PM -0600, Mike Turquette wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm attempting to write an external-csl-toolchain_2007q3-51 recipe for
> Poky.  This uses Poky's POKYMODE mechanism which is why I've copied
> the poky list on this email, however I think my error isn't
> necessarily Poky-specific as it has wider applications for anyone
> using an external toolchain.
>
> Attached is external-csl-toolchain_2007q3-51.bb.  It is basically a
> clone of Poky's external-csl-toolchain_2006q3-27.bb except that
> do_stage adds more stuff.  ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${base_libdir} does
> have libc.so.6 in it but libtool doesn't seem to be picking it up and
> instead tries (and fails) to link against my host /lib/libc.so.6,
> which seems like a Very Bad Thing to me.
>
> Why can't libtool find and use the libc I have in staging?  What do
> the normal compiled toolchains provide that I am not?  Also, does
> binconfig.bbclass know the difference between *-native packages and
> cross-compiled ones?  I know prebuilt toolchains aren't all the rage
> with OE devs, but some customers refuse to use toolchains built from
> source :(

Mike,

I'm sorry I'm not that familiar with Poky and the way it works with external
toolchains. But after numerous fixes (many of which are commited to OE .dev
branch) and several lines of additional configuration in my local.conf, I was
able to use pre-built binary CodeSourcery 2007q3 toolchain, as well as
MontaVista Pro 5, by using the standard meta/external-toolchain.bb recipe.

--
Denys