[oe] [Review] RPM support from Poky

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Wed Nov 19 11:37:22 UTC 2008

Hi

Few years ago we got partially working RPM support (which no one used).
When Intel acquired OpenedHand there was lot of work put in getting RPM
support really working. We got:

- creating of RPM packages (with deps, recommends)
- creating images from RPM packages
- creating images from feeds with RPM packages
- installing packages on devices (from file or feeds)

Thanks to the fact that OpenEmbedded uses git I was able to extract all
required patches to get it imported from Poky. Result is available as
'hrw/poky-rpm' branch on OE git server.

It is not tested yet (build in progress). Any testers/reviewers are
welcome.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://blog.haerwu.biz/