[oe] uclibc support for x86

Mikael Rosbacke mikael at rosbacke.org
Wed Nov 26 12:27:29 UTC 2008

I did:

rm -rf tmp
bitbake console-image

with this in my local.conf:

BBFILES = "/home/mikaelr/oe/openembedded/packages/*/*.bb"
CCACHE=""
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
MACHINE = "x86"
ANGSTROM_MODE = "uclibc"
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "3"
IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2"

There was 1 additional issue, as reported before. I had to insert:
'#include <limits.h>' in:

tmp/work/x86-angstrom-linux-uclibc/linux-2.6.21-r12/linux-2.6.21/scripts/mod/sumversion.c

and restart the build process. This is the same for a glibc build and
should be unrelated to the uclibc change.

After the build finished, I made a bootable CF card and booted a SiS550
based system (x86 compatible). I got to the Angstrom login prompt.

With my initial test ucLibc seems to work so far.

tnx,

--- Mikael R