[oe] preferred-provider at the image level a.k.a why is all this fso stuff in my non-fso image

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Nov 26 17:28:05 UTC 2008

On 26-11-08 17:55, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Sounds good overall, however there is still the problem with things like e.g.
> gpsd. If you remove fso-gpsd's RPROVIDES=gspd, then anything that rdepends on
> gpsd will bring us gpsd back into the [fso-]image, hence we have a conflict
> again.

At this point user get messages like "not downgrading gpsd to <version
from fso-gpsd" which it also not what we want.

You can't protect against user messing up their systems and right now
fso-gpsd is messing up the system of non fso-users, which is bad.

I understand the problem, but the current situation is unacceptable.

regards,

Koen