[oe] sanity test problems at end of build

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch
Fri Nov 28 13:56:06 UTC 2008

On Thursday 27 November 2008 19:46:32 Stanislav Brabec wrote:

> > > That theory has already been debunked. Not setting TMPDIR opens up a
> > > whole other can of worms.
> >
> > Well, maybe it has been debunked, but it did the trick for me ... but I
> > really don't understand why.
>
> Do you have a copy of the build dir of ncurses of failed build? Can you
> compare them? Are files in image and install subdirs correct (i. e. no
> reference to staging dir)? Does temp/run.do_install correct code to fix
> la files? Recipe seems to call autotools_do_install, which should fix
> it.

Yes I do have a copy of the both builds and I have tried to compare their
logs. However I have not found something fundamentally different for both
builds in the logs, they look identical except for the paths for work
directory (but I haven't proofed all the log files precisely, would take me
ages and don't have time for this now).

The files of the succeeding build are correct in both image and install (no
more references):
- wrong build (libncurses.la snip):
# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/home/valentin/OE/angstrom/work/armv6-angstrom-linux-
gnueabi/ncurses-5.4-r15/ncurses-5.4/lib'

- correct build (libncurses.la snip):
# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs='

I don't really know where to look at more precisely, if you point me to
somewhere, I'll have a look.

Regards

Valentin