[oe] sanity test problems at end of build

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sun Nov 30 17:44:54 UTC 2008

代尔欣 wrote:

> Q:
> 1. What is the purpose of the QA sanity check? And How this check do?

.pc or .la files referring to the build time paths not existing target
system will break native compilation in the best case, and causes run
time failures in worst case.

In general, all references to the build system paths (except debug info
source code references) are incorrect, and QA check will reject them.

> 2. Just a guess, QA sanity check, Is it for checking the lib or include file
> installed correctly base on the .pc file or the .la(mail in Valentin
> Longchamp)? If it is, I think the error is in the bb files or Makefile in
> the package, it can't install the lib correctly.

It is not so easy. Pkgconfig nor libtool are not aware of advanced
techniques of cross compilation. Packager must find potential problems
and create tricks to prevent them.

The most often sources of problems:

- There is no simple way to discriminate between calling of build time
binaries as tools (must be native), calling build time binaries as
source of compilation info (must be native, but must return info for
target platform), actual path to target binary or library and finally
target path to target binary or library.

- Combining of differnt approaches to get information together. For
example use of output of binconfig (*-config) as a source for pkgconfig
file (*.pc) will most probably cause problems - binconfig requires
custom patching, pkg-config has support for sysroot and needs target
paths.