[oe] git master not updating

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Wed Oct 1 18:11:04 UTC 2008

Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 01-10-2008 17:48, Mike (mwester) wrote:
>> Koen Kooi wrote:

>>> That's what you get for using makefiles....
>>
>> How does a makefile affect the branches not being updated?
>
> All org.openembedded.* branches are still being updated.

Yes?  And how does a wrapper of any sort, makefile or shell script,
affect that?  Are you saying the bitbake and OE have code to detect if
"make" is a parent process, and it behaves differently?  Or are you
saying that "make" is broken?  Or are their unknown bugs in bitbake or
OE recipes that seem to behave badly when bitbake is invoked by "make"?

Of course it's none of the above  -- it's that you despise the makefile
--  but a lot of other people might actually think you are making some
technically-sound point, and wrongly determine that OE and make are
incompatible in some way.

So why not just say that the wrong branch is being pulled instead of
making snide comments about the tools others use?

Mike (mwester)