[oe] git master not updating

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Oct 1 21:36:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 10:18:49PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 01-10-2008 20:43, Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:17:57PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
[snip]
>>> All org.openembedded.* branches are still being updated.
>>
>> So is the answer that the "master" branch in git it not planned on being
>> used?  Or it will have some other use, documented over in ... ?  It
>> sounds like the problem is that the policy on what to use in the git
>> tree isn't published yet.  Or it is, and someone didn't read it.
>
> The only supported way to use OE is via monotone, if you are using a
> makefile that's using something else you are SOL

I'm not using a Makefile.  I'd just like to know what part of git I
should be look at checking out and attempting to work in, as the
transition is apparently imminent.  I'm assuming that once the
transition is complete, there'll be documentation saying "If you want
the dev branch, do ...", "If you want the stable branch, do ...".  Does
this type of documentation not yet exist?  Is there still some debate as
to if the git master branch will be the dev branch, or if the naming
scheme of org.openembedded.{dev,stable}, etc will continue?  Thanks.

--
Tom Rini