[oe] Qt 4.4.1 and sqlite

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 20:26:31 UTC 2008

2008/10/5 Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org>

> On Sunday 05 October 2008 17:06:53 Nicola Mfb wrote:
> > Hi,
> > while trying to port a custom qt/application to angstrom i noted that the
> > qt sqlite driver is not available.
> > May be it possible to have support for it?
>
> sqlite2 or sqlite3? sqlite3 should always be part of Qt, and we do accept
> patches too.

I mean sqlite3, I simply rebuilded an applications that read all qt
available sql drivers and show a dialog tho choose one of them. This was
empty on angstrom  while on a desktop pc it usually shows sqlite and some
others drivers (mysql and pgsql).
In the file packages/qt4/qt_configuration.inc i read:

QT_CONFIG_FLAGS += "-release -no-cups -no-accessibility -reduce-relocations
\
                    -shared -no-nas-sound -no-sm -no-nis \
                    -qt-gif -system-libjpeg -system-libpng -system-zlib \
                     -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-odbc -no-sql-psql
-no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-sqlite2 \
                    -no-pch -qdbus -stl -glib"

So -no-sql-sqlite should be modified in qt-sql-sqlite (linked into the
library) or plugin-sql-sqlite (build as plugin). I'm not sure if the second
option loads the plugin only when needed or is a simple way to support
external plugins in qt.

I hope tomorrow I will be able to test a qt rebuild, and reports some
feedback here.

Regards

    Nicola