[oe] Heads up: staging changes are going to land

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:10:38 UTC 2008

Hello Koen,

this change in that patch:

+CROSS_DIR = "${TMPDIR}/cross/${BASE_PACKAGE_ARCH}"

makes my OE PATH look like this:

<...>/build/tmp/cross/ppce300c3/bin

but my cross toolchain did not end up there, instead it ended up in
the usual place: <...>/build/tmp/cross/bin/

so I am getting:

NOTE: make -j5 -e MAKEFLAGS= include/linux/version.h CC=ccache
powerpc-angstrom-linux-gcc  LD=powerpc-angstrom-linux-ld
powerpc-angstrom-linux-gcc: No such file or directory

So obviously for me the CROSS_DIR is not respected somehow for the toolchain.

Any ideas where it could leak away?

I did a scratch build against HEAD using the latest stable bitbake
tree checkout, for MACHINE=mpc8313erdb.

Some other details might still exist at
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builders/likewise/

Regards,