[oe] ETA on git conversion

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Oct 8 05:51:15 UTC 2008

Hey,

we would like to switch to git by next wednesday. Jan Lübbe went through the
hassle to fix two issues in my mtn2git.py and we are happy with the metadata
and can even unite it with the data exported from bitkeeper.

The plans would be:
	- Send your public ssh keys if you have not done so

Tuesday:
	- Set monotone readonly 16h german time
	- merge the multiple heads (if they exist)
	- Try to add the revs from now to tuesday to git

Wednesday:
	- Be back up with git and use that as primary system.
	- Disable monotone completely

Things to note:
	The history will be different from the trial. You will need to
git-rebase --from trial-head --to official-head or just git-reset to get to
the official head.

Thanks to Jan for wrestling with monotone, git, the script and the data and we
will keep you informed about how the migration is going.

comments

z.