[oe] ETA on git conversion

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Wed Oct 8 10:10:00 UTC 2008

Wednesday 08 of October 2008 07:51:15 Holger Freyther napisał(a):

> we would like to switch to git by next wednesday. Jan Lübbe went
> through the hassle to fix two issues in my mtn2git.py and we are
> happy with the metadata and can even unite it with the data exported
> from bitkeeper.

> The plans would be:
> 	- Send your public ssh keys if you have not done so

Send them to who? Mickeyl, Koen, Holger, Richard or someone other?

> Tuesday:
> 	- Set monotone readonly 16h german time
> 	- merge the multiple heads (if they exist)
> 	- Try to add the revs from now to tuesday to git

> Wednesday:
> 	- Be back up with git and use that as primary system.
> 	- Disable monotone completely

I would suggest leaving monotone read-only for two weeks so people will
have a time to switch. Also adding file like README-THIS-IS-NOT-UPDATED-
SINCE-WE-SWITCHED-TO-GIT with some info would be nice.

> Thanks to Jan for wrestling with monotone, git, the script and the
> data and we will keep you informed about how the migration is going.

Thanks to all people envolved into this switch. My contributions to OE
were smaller last time due to my work on Poky but now, when we will be
using git I plan to merge some interesting stuff to the OE (my monotone
knowledge is smaller then it was year ago).

JID: hrw at jabber.org