[oe] RFC: branch off the last stable branch under monotone?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:22:41 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 10:19 -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
>> My understanding is that we can make the branch in mtn now, and it will
>> be converted with the rest of the repository when it is converted to
>> git, so the stable branch will also convert to git at that time.
>
> That doesn't make sense to me. So we are creating a new stable branch
> just because a random thing is happening next weds. Is OE even in a fit
> state at the moment for a stable branch? We can just randomly select a
> day.

- The argument I gave was the fact that that stable branch would be
maintained under monotone, so with that argument, I would not consider
the transition to GIT a random event.
- 'OE in fit state' is hard to tell given the numerous variables, but
yes, the infrastructure seems stable to me.
- I did not mean read-only, but a maintained stable branch under monotone.

Anyhow, given the responses I think the concensus/answer to my
question is 'no, should not'.

Thanks for the replies,
--
Leon