[oe] Locale support.

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:57:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:34 AM, Phil Blundell <pb at reciva.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 18:15 +0400, Sergey Lapin wrote:
>> But I have problems with lots of UTF-8 characters on file system
>> and applications. 'date' command works properly reporting according to locale.
>> wget, however have problems, inventing names which contain junk.
>> However, using scp, I'm able to store normal UTF-8-named files
>> from my desktop Debian. ASCII characters in names are always OK.
>> both wget and ls are stand-alone in my configuration.
>
> Can you give some specific examples of what is going wrong for you?  Is
> it just wget that has this issue, or is it all applications?
I don't want to polute mailing list with garbled Russian strings.
I just need to mention that some characters get garbled (some replaced
with trash,
some with %xx, which is weird. This is with GNU wget. I don't use busybox one.
Other affected program is rtorrent (FTBFS at the moment, btw). LANG is
set properly in both cases.
date and bash work as expected. Most other apps work perfectly. I don't use
any GUI at the moment though.

S.