[oe] ETA on git conversion

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Oct 14 21:41:06 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 07:51:15 Holger Freyther wrote:

> Wednesday:
> 	- Be back up with git and use that as primary system.
> 	- Disable monotone completely

1.) git user account created
2.) gitosis setup
3.) keys added and permissions added (see the end of the mail)
4.) populated the repository with content
5.) git-daemon is serving data
6.) push/pull with git ssh works
7.) notifications should work too
8.) the GitPhraseBook got updated with the final git location
9.) gitweb is nice and even tells you which URL to use
10.) mail almost sent

I think the conversion is complete and we can disable the mtn servers now or
leave them readonly for a while.

Notes to people with commit access:
git clone git at git.openembedded.net:openembedded to get the tree

Notes to people:
	DO NOT MERGE the old trial history and this history. We have no commit hook
yet to prevent this and solely depend on common sense...

Notes to people using the trial git:
  git-remote add new-origin git://git.openembedded.net/openembedded
  git-fetch new-origin
  git-rebase --onto new-origin/org.openembedded.dev
origin/org.openembedded.dev org.openembedded.dev (if i got this right from
the manpage)

Thins for the near future:
Remove the nslu2 branches once nslu2 folks have migrated to git as well and
created repositories for them.

Consider renaming the branches, I kind of like the names though

People with push access:
	cbrake.pub
	crofton.pub
	daniel_willman.pub