[oe] RFC: Making it mandantory to have a checksums.ini entry

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Oct 15 17:51:36 UTC 2008

On 15-10-2008 19:34, Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 October 2008 04:47:41 Holger Freyther wrote:
>
> I have added the relevant checksums we had at Openmoko and made it mandatory
> to have a checksum. See the previous mail on how to disable it.

Instead of having people disabling the checks here's how you can help:

Step 1)
	go to TMPDIR and locate the checksums.ini there

Step 2)
	sort the checksums.ini:
	python
/OE/org.openembedded.dev/contrib/source-checker/oe-checksums-sorter.py
checksums.ini > new

Step 3) combine the checksums.ini from OE and yours:
	cat /OE/org.openembedded.dev/conf/checksums.ini checksums.ini >
combined-sums

Step 4)
	sort the result and apply it to OE
	python
/OE/org.openembedded.dev/contrib/source-checker/oe-checksums-sorter.py
combined-sums > /OE/org.openembedded.dev/conf/checksums.ini

Step 5) go to your OE dir and inspect the results:
	cd /OE/org.openembedded.dev
	git diff conf/checksums.ini

The diff should only contain additions (removals and replacements are a
sign of corruption somewhere).

If you see no spurious changes, commit it and wait for people to bitch
if you added a corrupted checksum ;)

regards,

Koen