[oe] OABI compat in EABI kernels

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Wed Oct 15 18:13:52 UTC 2008

Wednesday 15 of October 2008 19:42:57 Koen Kooi napisał(a):

> Slightly related: atheros released their HAL as opensource, so
> madwifi doesn't need the blob and associated whackelf horrors anymore

To be more exact - Atheros released other HAL as opensource.

This is what madwifi has to say about it:
"It might be worth to mention that the HAL Atheros has released the
source for differs from the HAL versions we use in MadWifi, and thus
is no drop-in replacement. In theory it should be possible to
integrate the HAL and thus make MadWifi a fully open-source driver. "

JID: hrw at jabber.org