[oe] xserver-xorg rdepends

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Oct 16 19:53:04 UTC 2008

On 16-10-2008 21:19, Phil Blundell wrote:
> I discovered today that xorg-xserver-common.inc has:
>
> RDEPENDS_${PN} = "hal"
>
> which seems a bit undesirable.  I propose to remove this hard-wired
> dependency; any DISTRO who wants to keep it can specify that in their
> own config file.
>
> Any objections?

Yes. Recent xservers need hal for various input systems to work
correctly. So instead of crippling the xserver you can keep a crippled
version in your personal tree or overlay.

The rdepends is there because someone has split out libhal main hal
package, having hal dependant apps break for not being able to contact
the hal daemon.