[oe] Adding support for our

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:19:03 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> We have a new AVR32 based embedded linux board (www.miromico.com/hammerhead), which is available now.
> We would like to use OpenEmbedded as our major build system to allow our customers to build their u-boot,
> kernel and rootfs.
> Of course we would like to contribute to oe, as well.

Great, welcome to the project.

> Is there such a thing as a board maintainer in oe? If yes, how can we become one?

Yes, see MAINTAINERS in the root OE directory.

> We allready adapted a few bb files to get oe building our u-boot and kernel. Should we push out these changes?
> How?

Yes, please do.  There are two ways:

1) the old way: create patch files and post to the bugzilla
2) the better way: expose a git repo somewhere with your changes and
ask for review.  Once there are reviewed, someone with OE push access
can easily merge them for you

OE push access is typically granted after a person has made some
contributions and seems to have a handle on how OE works.

> We have two developers working at this project. Our board is AVR32 based. So, if oe is our major build system we would have to take care that avr32 allway builds. This means testing, fixing, extending support. I hope this would be benefit enough to endure our newbie questions while we are getting known with the build system.

Excellent, contributions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Cliff