[oe] support another hardware

Sledz, Steffen sledz at DResearch.DE
Mon Oct 20 15:22:11 UTC 2008

After Alex announced support for the hammerhead board we would try to add another hardware. It is the OXE810SE, an ARM926EJ-S based consumer network-attached storage (NAS) device (see <http://www.oxsemi.com/products/storage/OXE810SE.html>).

We have some experience with OE, made and fixed some bb recipes, but miss the experience in adding a complete new machine. Is there a guide line, manual, tutorial or something like this giving step-by-step help for this (and warning of the pitfalls)? I missed it in the wiki. The only documentation i found is this one: <http://bec-systems.com/oe/html/index.html>. But the part "Adding a new Machine" ist just a three bullet list. :(

I believe, the easiest part is writing the new machine config file. But all the stuff choosing the best kernel configuration (derived/integrated from/with others?) seems the hardest task in my opinion.

Steffen