[oe] git-native?

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Mon Oct 20 20:57:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 14:32 -0500, Mike (mwester) wrote:
> Er, just a thought... but now that we've switched to git, should OE just
> globally ASSUME_PROVIDED for git-native?

I'm not sure what that would really buy you.  It would be a pain for
downstream OE users who might be getting the metadata through some other
means (rather than checking it out directly from the OE git tree), and
it doesn't really seem like it would bring any great benefit.
Individual users can obviously set ASSUME_PROVIDED for git-native if
they want and I guess they should continue to do that.

p.