[oe] ctorrent recipes, a mistake of mine in the bugtracker and problems with autotools versions

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:40:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Henning Heinold
<heinold at inf.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> [...]
>> ctorrent dies in the do_configure task with the error:
>>
>> aclocal.m4:14: error: this file was generated for autoconf dnh3.3.1.
>> You have another version of autoconf.  If you want to use that,
>> you should regenerate the build system entirely.
>>[...]
> normaly aclocal.m4 is overwritten by autoreconf. I do not know why it
> yields here. So I would test to remove aclocal.m4 and try the build
> again.

I've tried to remove aclocal.m4 as suggested, but it does not help

it seems that autoreconf does overwrite aclocal.m4, and the resulting
file is not accepted in the next step

in the generated aclocal.m4 the following lines look suspicious:

m4_if(m4_PACKAGE_VERSION, [dnh3.3.1],,
[m4_fatal([this file was generated for autoconf dnh3.3.1.
You have another version of autoconf.  If you want to use that,
you should regenerate the build system entirely.], [63])])

could this help finding the problem? dnh3.3.1 is the version of the
ctorrent package

thanks

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''