[oe] Pidgin needs to RDEPENDS on pidgin-data?

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Thu Oct 23 13:55:04 UTC 2008

Hello.

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 15:29, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 23-10-2008 14:41, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> I have a user bug report here that pidgin segfaults without pidgin-data
>> installed:
>> http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/170
>>
>> In pidgin.inc it only RRECOMMANDS pidgin-data, but not RDEPENDS on it.
>> Patch below is what I would push if nobody objects.
>
> That patch is no good. The real fix is to move the 2 files pidgin needs
> from -data to the main package.

As you already know that two files are missing, can you name them so I can
cookup a patch?

> Also: if pidgin-data is not getting installed when installing pidgin
> something is wrong with your feeds.

Hmm, It seems I need a better understanding then. From where comes the dep from
pidgin on pidgin-data? Do I miss some OE magic here?

Besides that it could good be that the feed is broken in that regard. Time to
fix it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt