[oe] [ANN] mtn2git v0.1

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:42:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 7:03 PM, cyril Romain <c.romain at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> Felipe Contreras wrote:
>>
>> This is the result of various experiments I've been doing while trying
>> to import mtn repositories into git. I've looked into other mtn2git
>> scripts but none fitted my needs
>
> Did you take a look at the mtn2git python script available in
> org.openembedded.dev/contrib/mtn2git/mtn2git.py ?
> Since it was intended and used to convert the OE monotone repository to git,
> I think it should fit your needs :-)

I did look at it, but there are some issues. For starters it seems to
be using extensively the manifest, which would probably make it very
slow. Also, it seems to be keeping the trees of all the revisions.

Superficially it seemed to have issues so I didn't try it, but I also,
I can't stand Python code =/ Do you know how long does it takes to
import the OE repo?

Anyway, the patches I did for git fast-import should also help your
script if there is a plan to stop using the manifest.

--
Felipe Contreras