[oe] Hibernating an OE device

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sun Sep 14 18:06:14 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 19:31 +0200, Torsten Sadowski wrote:
> would it be possible to hibernate (suspend to disk) an OE device. I have a
> Simpad which might be usable as a gps navi but it should not drain the car
> battery. Obviously a large enough flash disk would be necessary but what else
> do I need?

This isn't really anything to do with OE.  You would probably do better
to ask the kernel h4x0rs for your machine, and/or the
swsusp/suspend2/uswsusp maintainers.

That aside, though, I would have thought that the power draw of a SIMpad
in suspend-to-RAM mode would probably be low enough that you could reach
an acceptable level of dark current that way without needing to get into
suspend-to-disk.  Suspend to RAM is a whole lot simpler and should "just
work" with any current kernel.

p.