[oe] xserver-kdrive 1.4 and USB keyboard

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:27:02 UTC 2008

Does anyone have this combination working yet?

On my system, ctrl-alt-f1 does not work, and caps/num lock lights do
not work when X is running.  Keyboard works fine at the console.

It works fine with xserver-kdrive-fbdev 1.3

with 1.4, it seem there are some options added:

-keybd driver [,,options]      Specify the keyboard driver and its options
-kb                    disable the X Keyboard Extension
+kb                    enable the X Keyboard Extension

In the source code, I found the following:

 ./hw/kdrive/ephyr/Xephyr :1 -fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/ -mouse
ephyr -keybd ephyr,,xkblayout=br,xkbmodel=abnt2

/*
 * You can call your kdriver server with something like:
 * $ ./hw/kdrive/yourserver/X :1 -mouse evdev,,device=/dev/input/event4 -keybd
 * evdev,,device=/dev/input/event1,xkbmodel=abnt2,xkblayout=br
 */

there are a few patch files that might be related:
./xserver-kdrive-1.4.0.90/no_xkb.patch
./xserver-kdrive/optional-xkb.patch

I'm slogging through the source code, but would appreciate any ideas
from anyone who understands this or has it working.

Thanks,
Cliff