[oe] xserver-kdrive 1.4 and USB keyboard

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:25:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>> Thanks.  Yes, you are correct.  I can get arrow keys, and enter to
>> work, but not cap/num lock or Ctrl-Alt-F1.
>
> In that case fixing the keymap would be the way to go. You'll need to poke
> the resident X exports on how to do that properly, though :)

xmodmap lists some diff between 1.3 and 1.4:

1.3:
shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e),  Menu (0x78)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x69)
mod1        Alt_L (0x40)
mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4        Mode_switch (0x6c)
mod5

1.4:
shift
lock
control
mod1
mod2
mod3
mod4
mod5

Stuffing the 1.3 xmodmap settings into Xfbdev 1.4 does not seem to
make any difference, so more digging ...

Cliff