[oe] Discussion about gettext.bbclass

Henning Heinold heinold at inf.fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 25 19:14:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want discuss another changes to a classes file. This time
about gettext.bbclass I attached a patch which is simpler
to understand and a little more powerfull.

So what I changed:

- put the DPENDS field on top, because its easier to understand
  that this will parsed and set first, besides gettext_after_parse
  is called after the parsing process

- added virtual/libiconv virtual/libintl to DEPENDS, bescause they
  are mostly needed anyway when you want NLS and do not harm
  when you do not need libintl

Second I want to make a propose to rename this bbclass, because
it is not gettext depend only. We have libiconv either from
libc or gnu and now proxy-libintl involed. So I would suggest
to name it nls.bbclass . I wait for you comments.

Bye Henning