[oe] x86_64 host -- never ending story

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sat Sep 27 14:36:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 16:02 +0200, Robert Wörle wrote:
> Can one give a quick and brief explanation why using oe on a x86_64 host
> is sooo difficult.
> I am having always a hard time to setup oe and build on that ... many
> architectures break on glibc-native or such stuff lile avr32.
> i686-generic or even arm sometimes ?

What exactly are the problems you've been seeing?  All the build hosts
that I use for OE nowadays are x86-64 and I haven't experienced any
breakage of the kind that you hint at.  I don't think I've ever tried to
build for an avr32 target but I do compile regularly for i586 and
various kinds of arm.

p.