[oe] git conversion and what is missing?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sun Sep 28 00:59:18 UTC 2008

On Sunday 28 September 2008 00:05:55 Philip Balister wrote:

> I think the table is needed to properly fill out some of the commit
> messages during the conversion.
>
> Holger, I am right about this?

Yes, you are. In git land the author has a name and mail address. People will
try to send email to the mail address so it should be correct. The other part
is there should be a name otherwise stuff like git-commit -c SHA1 will fail.

I like Otavio's idea with the deadline. The question is what to do with
unknown names (coming from people using --author on mtn ci). Should we use
the comitter id and put the name from mtn inside the comment?

z.