[oe] Does your own system matter

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 06:51:59 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 13:30:11 Jörg Bakker wrote:
> Here's another one using Ubuntu 8.10. Currently building basic bootstrap
> images with and w/o X, distro is angstrom, branch is org.openembedded.dev, all
> glibc. The stable branches bumped out very early (think it was the shasum
> package), so I stayed with org.openembedded.dev.
>
> So far, two patches were needed (gcc-cross-kernel and kernel).

using newer distributions to compile old compilers will often cause trouble because
new distributions have recent gcc versions. e.g. if you compile gcc 3.4 with gcc 4.x you will end up
in some compilation issues. It is generally preferred that you use gcc 3.4 or less to compile gcc 3.4

> I also had one
> issue with intltool:
>
> | checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool
> | FATAL: oe_runconf failed
> NOTE: Task failed: /home/jb/devel/cc/jammsession/oe/build/tmp/work/i586-
> angstrom-linux/intltool-0.40.3-r2/temp/log.do_configure.21467
> NOTE: package intltool-0.40.3-r2: task do_configure: failed
>
> and fixed this by running:
> bitbake libxml-parser-perl-native

I think you should add DEPENDS for libxml-parser-perl in intltool recipe and retry. Depending on native package may
not be required.